If you have never had your drains cleaned professionally, you are missing out on the many benefits that this maintenance step provides. Once you hire a professional team to handle this job, you will be sure to keep it on your yearly home maintenance checklist. Check out these benefits of a professional cleaning.
- Cleaner plumbing. When you allow elements to build up in your pipes, they don’t operate as efficiently and have a shorter lifespan. Keeping them clean on a regular basis can save you money down the road.
- When your drains are not kept clean, clogs are more likely to form and cause puddles and backed up standing water. This water encourages the growth of mildew, mold, and bacteria, which can negatively affect your family’s health.
- Noise reduction. If you have pipes that produce gurgling sounds, squeaking, and cracking noises, it is likely because they have built-up somewhere in the line that is disrupting water flow. Drain cleaning removes this build-up and eliminates the noisy pipe problem.
- Fewer smells. When your plumbing backs up or has obstructions that hinder water flow, you may notice unpleasant odors throughout your home. A professional cleaning will remove these materials from your pipes and get rid of those odors.
- Faster Drainage. Drainpipes carry many materials out of the home and into the sewer system, but as they perform this job, some of that debris collects on the inside of the pipes and causes them to drain more slowly. Eventually, the materials build-up to the point that they form a clog, and your water stops draining. Keeping your pipes clean will help you avoid the need to call a plumber to snake your drain.
Columbia Drain Co. is your local solution to drain cleaning in the Portland area. Visit our website, or reach out to us today at (503) 313-7246.